01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbudiman View Post
Guys,

I really am stucked here. I am thinking to get either one of this. I really like both cars. I know they are not in the same category but I really am not sure why I ended up with these two cars as well.. Anyways, I am wondering if any of you guys, bimmer fans, can help me why I should choose the 5 series over the S5 or vice versa? I am going load my 5 series up to $75,845 (I will not take the Dynamic Handling Package only because it seems that its job is only going to smoothen the ride, which i don't really care). On the other hand, with the audi S5 prestige, I am also going to load it up with every options as well. Really, I love both cars. I like how fast the audi S5 is and I also love the interior of the 535xi that will have the super beautiful Bang&Olufsen sound system. Any thought guys?
Here’s my advice:

My last car was S4, as much I like the brand I was just plain bored with the design when I test drove A6, TTS and Q5. I basically just wanted to get something completely different and refreshing. Not another dash that will look almost the same just a bit bigger, not another set of knobs and buttons that look and feel the same and so I went with the 5 series.

If I were you (provided that you’re keeping your current ride) I would get an Audi, just for a heck of experiencing something completely new. Who knows maybe you end up liking Audi better (and get S6 next time) or maybe it will just help you appreciate BMW even more.

After all how many cars/brands do we get to experience before it’s our time to expire….

Good Luck !