headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I was mentioning that to my co-worker the other night after the fight.

In the "old days," like in his fights with Caol Uno, he was crazy. You could see the desire and determination in his eyes just prior to the fight starting. It sounds so cliche, but he had that "eye of the tiger." Now, he just walks in there like he's just there to collect his paycheck. Sad.

What's more sad is that when he beat Diego and Ken-Flo, he looked almost unbeatable.
It is true... but there are definitely factors that lead to it. First of all, he is getting older, hes 31 I believe. (And yess I know Couture is like 47 but its definitely different bein a lightweight.) And some people just lose the drive before others.

You are definitely right that when he used to fight he just had this look on his face that you knew he was gonna win... and he wasnt gonna stop until he did. But sometimes after so long it just isnt "fun" anymore, and once you lose that drive I dont think thre really is any way to bring it back.

I dont want to say that he was satisfied bein the champ when he was, but at the same time he had already accomplished everything there was to accomplish in the sport. He was the title holder for awhile and that is what every fighter dreams of. After that it almost becomes more of a job than a sport that you love. Knowing that everyone has you picked to be the favorite and you are expected to win definitely changes things.

Anyway... BJ was and still is a great fighter but like you said, doesnt really have that "eye of the tiger" anymore. I dont really think he should give it up cause he will still beat 95% of the guys out there but when it come times to face the champ it just might not cut it.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0