05-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
Vinfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by perisak View Post
The handling and comfort is very good. But there is not so much different in normal vs sport mode. In my opinion there is one problem only. The first 15mm approx. of the springs are quiet soft, so when I put some bags in the trunk, and with 2 people in my back seat, the car gets very low. So I get some problem on speed-bumps, parking garages etc. I'm considering to swap to ACS springs. ACS are not lowering the car as much as the RD.
My 550i exhibits a big difference in the normal and sport mode. I'll crank up the car and start down the road, and I say to myself, "What feels so strange about how the suspension feels" and then, I realize, I forgot to put it in sport mode. I only wish the front struts were stiffer --- it's still too soft. I guess that's with the additional weight of the car and the softer struts. The rear is very stiff although I haven't loaded up the trunk like you have --- and my 4 year-old at 55 pounds and my 2 year-old at 30 pounds is not much -- I need to try some REAL weight and see what happens.
Appreciate 0