Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creynolds View Post
I honestly can't even describe how cool this debate is. I mean reality is we owe badblack a lot of credit. Also we are taking engineering from other companies and trying to find cheaper ways to do it. That's a pretty American thing in itself and cool as hell at the debate on what works better.

I must say I feel like an asshole from my initial reaction to someone using my take on the design.
Because I genuinely wanted to be able to have mods done and simply couldn't afford them. I know that feeling and wouldn't want other members to feel that way. So if any of my trials and tribulations or mistakes help. Then he'll ya
Badblack is a true pioneer of the n63 when it comes to performance air induction. Being DIY folks we just find an easier and cheaper way of doing things. Would I love to have a Badblack CF intake? Hell yes, but paying over 1k for an intake for a non-m car? The money just does not add up for me.

You did an awesome job on your intake Chuck! I gotta test my filters for another week or so and then I will add your setup coupled to my foam filters. So far so good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creynolds View Post
I honestly can't even describe how cool this debate is. I mean reality is we owe badblack a lot of credit. Also we are taking engineering from other companies and trying to find cheaper ways to do it. That's a pretty American thing in itself and cool as hell at the debate on what works better.

I must say I feel like an asshole from my initial reaction to someone using my take on the design.
Because I genuinely wanted to be able to have mods done and simply couldn't afford them. I know that feeling and wouldn't want other members to feel that way. So if any of my trials and tribulations or mistakes help. Then he'll ya
Badblack is a true pioneer of the n63 when it comes to performance air induction. Being DIY folks we just find an easier and cheaper way of doing things. Would I love to have a Badblack CF intake? Hell yes, but paying over 1k for an intake for a non-m car? The money just does not add up for me.

You did an awesome job on your intake Chuck! I gotta test my filters for another week or so and then I will add your setup coupled to my foam filters. So far so good!
Do you or anyone on here have a source we could use to make us a small section pipe with maf sensor hole built in and we could purchase.
That would eliminate the need for the airbox and create the true sound potential we're looking for
Appreciate 0