View Single Post
      01-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #15
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Are you basing the mirror heating function on the user manual, or additional BMW data?

Over here in the UK we have a temperature based function, like the F01 (on which the F10/11 systems are based) and also fitted to other model ranges like the F3x models. The UK user manuals make the same comment as your US user manuals, reference the engine running. Having additional working parameters, does not conflict with heated mirrors being stated as 'on' when the engine is running.

Quite obvious from use in my car, the heated mirrors are working at low temperatures only.
I saw when I was coding my F10 that values and perimeters were completely different from when I coded my E92 , so I asked my "go to" BMW service technician (who is also a friend) what the deal was with the mirror heating values. Again, this is only for US, I have no idea about other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
I'm curious how can you tell ? Naive question, but can you feel any warmth to touch once they are on (never tried it myself obviously, maybe tonight on my commute home ) ?
You actually can feel a "warmth" when you touch the mirrors. Use the back of your hand so you don't leave fingerprints