View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #124
Minimization
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 Sedan SMG III

I don't know what all the complaining is about. I see a lot of people with coupes bitching. This car, the M550dxT is the ultimate car for us grown-ups who do not have the room for storage or want to waste the money on multiple cars.

This thing would be great for my lifestyle. Transport my bikes and skis to the mountains of the Northwest. Great mi/gal for nice long road trips to the Southwest. The ability to carry children and pets and their stuff in the future, if needed. All-weather capability.

Stealth, stylish, comfortable, and outperforms 97% of the junk on the road. I am guessing 0-60 mi/h in mid-4 s range. The video of this thing ripping through the first 7 gears is impressive- makes me a believer in the new ///M ZF 8 speed slushbox.

By the way, I own an E60 M5 and nothing sounds quite like it on the road. There comes a point though where sound of the engine really is not much of a selling point anymore when the car does everything else so well.

Too bad BMW is sticking with us with more lousy SUV and crossover options here in he US instead of a nice overpowered wagon.

The names are long but make sense considering BMW's newest nomenclature. Makes a lot more sense and easier to say than "1 Series M Coupe" at least.
X2/4MA/610/322/453/655/416/465/261/496
Appreciate 0