United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp. Ed.

Garage List
2016 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallabh S Dhawan View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have the anthracite finleine interior trim, 7" on-board monitor and two 8.2" rear seat monitors, electric glass-roof, lumbar support seats, USB interface, multifunctional steering wheel, Bluetooth.

All the options in this car came pre-selected by the dealer himself, as the diesel f10's are assembled in a plant here in the country itself. So no choice but to pick up whatever you get, the only choice you do get is for the exterior paint. I wanted cinnamon brown interior, so that was restricted with exterior paints of, white, grey and black only.

The petrol motor was much more fun in terms of driving but for everyday use the diesel is much more efficient. Especially when my daily running is a lot. My car has already done 5000km+ in just two months. Even when i don't take it much on the long routes. I use other cars for highway driving.
Do you get Sat Nav as an option in India? What about in-car audio, what did you go for? Reverse camera standard or not? I really wanted the M-package too but on our roads that would have meant daily occurrences of the car scraping on badly constructed speed bumps and invisible potholes. I can't handle that mentally, I love my cars too much.

Its a little odd that for a car that is assembled within India they don't offer customization options for local customers, a car like the F10 should be totally built to order! Even though your car appears to have some of the high-end options as standard.

Since your car is not imported but locally assembled, did you get it at a good price or is it still very expensive? I know Mercedes has a local assembly plant in Pune as well, are the Bimmers competently priced? I am paying an arm and a leg for mine and that too in Euro, which is strengthening day by day against a weak Pakistani Rupee. I dread the value assessment day at Customs when the car arrives!
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S (retired)
2023 X5 xDrive45e
Appreciate 0