View Single Post
      08-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Nice to see another PatelBhai on the Forums!

So i went back and forth for a while between lexus GS (i was going to wait for the GS-F), Audi s6, and merc e class (was looking at older e63's)

Lexus GS - is a nice car, but didn't care for the styling, and i wanted a v8 (gs f wasn't available then)

S6 was a great car, i drove one last year (it was a 2013) so the current bodystyle, My issue with the a6/s6 was when i pulled back into the parking lot at the dealership, i ended up parking next to a passat and looked back, and it looked very similar. Also i felt the a6 as beautiful as an interior it has, just doesn't have the build quality the bmw has.

the amg e63 was a beast, but i couldn't find one for below 70k out here

I also test drove an m5 but again i couldn't find an lci m5 (2014 +) even below 70k when i was looking.

So i 'settled' for the 550i. And i haven't regretted it one bit!!

It also helped that I got a great deal on mine. (46k + TTL) with 12k miles on it (bought it in jan 16). I found it in bend oregon and drove it down to the bay area (600 miles)

These are well built cars, and i felt that only merc and bmw have the high quality german build quality, i didn't feel like the a6 had that build quality.

Again this is my opinion.

Just giving you my thoughts when i was in your shoes.
Appreciate 0