View Single Post
      09-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #11
DuneMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i, Sophisto Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I have reached the end of my rope with the F10. Multiple calls to BMW and multiple visits by their regional tech failed to resolve my issues with the idle and the steering. On top of that were all of the other little stupid electronic problems with the car (typical BMW) and I just decided to call it quits. I'd rather take the financial hit now and be rid of it rather than paying for it every month and not enjoying the ownership experience.

Typically if you have a lot of problems, BMW will get you out of the car and into another, but I don't want another one. If, like they tell me, "they all do that" then why should I bother? And I think BMW has got some issues to work out with their electronic steering assist, not just on the 5 series.

So I sold the car Tuesday. I should have kept my E92.

For those of you with no problems (or can live with the problems) I wish you the best of luck. For those who are thinking of buying a new 5 series, if you want a nice luxury car, go buy a Lexus. If you want a nice sport/luxury car, go get an Audi. If you want a nice looking luxury car, go get the Mercedes.

I love my M5 and I'll be driving that every day now. And I'll likely buy another BMW down the road, but it will be a used one, and something pre-turbo, pre-electric steering.

+ 1

I almost pulled the trigger my self recently. But the hit was too big so I chickened out at the last minute.

I admire your decision to just turn the page and move on. good luck!
Appreciate 0