View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #24
kyleitchi
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Anti fogging is only one function for choosing/selecting Auto.

Auto is just that... it does it all automatically, anti fogging, solar influence control, adjusting and directing airflows according to demand for heat and cooling, auto recirculation for preventing pollutants entering the cabin, dumping damp air to the floor level on start up, etc., etc.

For sure, it is a complex bit of design and has lots of user tuneable variations. Clearly designed to be left in Auto mode for user comfort and true climate control.

I sense some users prefer the more simple A/C designs, just temperature and fan speed knobs, to continuously switch up and down on personal demand.

I sat with a guy the other day who was delivering me a hire car. He was fiddling with the A/C as we went along, from no air flow and misted up windows, to it being on full heat, then like an arctic gale, all within a 12 mile run. What is that all about? When I took over the car, I set the controls as I would my BMW and never adjusted them in the three days I had the car. Worked perfectly.

HighlandPete
Truthfully I have never used the AUTO function for "true climate" control but think I will now. Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0