View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 01:38 AM   #11
LapComp
Rep
Drives: 2011 550ix M Sport

The only mods on my 2011 550IX M Sport AT are JB4 stage 2 with charcoal filters removed. It was a 68 degree night at Empire Drag Strip in Leicester NY. The 12.25 ¼ mile pass was made with JB4 set to aggressive mode default wastegate position 1 with Boost Failsafe PSI set to 4 other setting left at default stage 2. I had about half a tank of 93 octane and 2 bottles of NOS Octane booster with MMT. I turned the DTC off and launched as hard as the car could at 3k rpm brake boosted launch obtaining a 1.67 60ft. I let the car shift itself and was wondering if shifting manually at a different rpm could be faster? I had a few extra items in the car like cooler, girlfriends overnight bag 20lbs at least, some extra oil, 1 gallon of water, my loaded heavy laptop bag and a few other items. I believe I could take 100lbs out of the car including running around ¼ tank of fuel instead of ½ tank. I had the CCP service already done at the time of the pass. I just had the high pressure fuel pump replaced under recent service bulletin and hope that this will help my time. I’ll be going to the drag strip this Friday and hope to run a new best time. I’ll be reducing the weight by 100lbs, new high pressure fuel pump, ¼ tank of 100 octane unleaded race fuel, and trying slightly different JB4 settings. I’m going to place an order for the scoops and filters with BadBlack550XI but unfortunately they will not arrive in time for Friday’s event. If anyone has any pointers, suggestions, JB4 settings, or any other info that will help me go a little faster this weekend at the track please let me know. Thanks for all the input guys.

Im the Right Lane # 68. I was racing a GT500 that gave up after a bad launch.
Appreciate 0