View Single Post
      01-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #23
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I've been working on cars since I was 13. It doesn't matter the brand, Honda, BMW, Subaru, Acura it doesn't matter, an engine is an engine.

I understand everything you're saying and I'm not arguing with your opinion. I just simply disagree with it. An engine replacement with less than 100k is not normal. I never said anything about the cost of the repair in comparison to my honda. I was using it in reference that a 275,000 mile Honda had better reliability than majority of the BMW's I've owned. Obviously if you paid more something, maintaining it will be reflected in the cost as well. If this engine didn't already have a history of faulty design I wouldn't even be responding to this thread because shit happens. BUT it does have design flaws, that have been recognized by BMW, and that's the issue.

I've been driving BMW's for 6+ years. My last being an E60 M5 that was the biggest POS, BMW lemoned the car and I ended up with the 550. If anything, a more expensive, luxury car, 'the ultimate driving machine' that BMW claims, should be DESIGNED AND BUILT with quality parts. But in my experience with the 6 BMWs that I've owned, it's turning up to not be the case as of late. Since you've been driving BMW's longer than I have, I'm sure you agree, the brand has changed drastically. My '97 318ti outlasted my E90.

To the OP, take it from someone who has dealt with a dispute with BMW within the last year, you have a case here. Especially since you brought your car in with this issue before and they didn't diagnose the problem correctly, which arguably would have saved the engine if they would've caught it when you first did, don't go down without a fight. The odds surely aren't against you here, my case was much more difficult.

Now if they prove that this was caused due to negligence or wear and tear then obviously the owner is liable.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 01-08-2016 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0