View Single Post
      01-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #26
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK2BLN View Post
.... If anything, a more expensive, luxury car, 'the ultimate driving machine' that BMW claims, should be DESIGNED AND BUILT with quality parts. But in my experience with the 6 BMWs that I've owned, it's turning up to not be the case as of late. Since you've been driving BMW's longer than I have, I'm sure you agree, the brand has changed drastically. My '97 318ti outlasted my E90.
In what way?

I go back to the 1970's with BMW, to my father's New Class 2000 sedan. The whole history of BMW has its issues, shows the weaknesses of any model. I could list a few issues in this context, spread through the years. But that is like any other make, the weak links are bound to show up in high production numbers.

At the same time there are owners clocking over 200,000 miles without issues, even in the so called 'troubled' engines.

From my perspective of the OP's engine, we need to establish what went wrong, not yet known if it has anything to do with any existing issues. Facts are needed, not jumping to any conclusions of BMW making poor engines, as if this failure is an example of common issues.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0