01-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #33
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
It will be over time. I wouldn't think most 550 owners (from the F10 change forward) have been putting ridiculous miles on them simply because of consumption, but as more '11s and '12 model years hit these 75k, 85k, closer to 100k marks and they start blowing up, BMW is going to have a big problem on their hands.
I only have 47.5k on mine right now but also have an extended warranty just in case. However if something related to the CCP causes my engine to nuke, I'm going to be quite perturbed.
As people have stated, BMW is aware of the issues and have put a band-aid on it and it remains to be seen if that is going to fix the issues.

Also, who knows if these problems are going to extend to the N63-TU variant on the '13+ models. Makes you wonder if that's why BMW was possibly looking at a ramped up I6 in the next-gen 550...
Exactly! Well said.

The issues that the CCP attempts to remedy are serious issues and could have caused detrimental damage to the engine prior to the CCP depending at when it was performed (my vehicle was already at 40k). I have 72k on mine and its starting to bog during idle at lights, stutter at low rpms, etc.
Appreciate 0