View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Cant explain why some have noise and some don't...

Update - pulled the front wheels off the car today (in the rain ) and double checked every bolt i could see. Everything seems extremely tight. Two places that i could see that could cause some noise...

Dust cover that goes over the shock shaft. As the suspension moves up and down that dust cover has a lip that could catch the shock alittle causing some noise. Since the car is now 1" lower we should need 1" less of this over. I tried to zip tie the bottom part of the dust cover to the shock body and on the drive home the car seemed quieter....i still have some rattle coming from the middle front area.

Another area that seems to have some play is the headlight leveling sensor. There is one on each side and both seems to have some play in it. Not sure if this is normal but thats how it is on my car and none of the bolts appears to be loose.

On my drive home athough the car does seem quieter i still have that annoying rattle coming from the front middle of the car. It almost sounds like it could be coming from the center console area which doesn't make sense since the spring install didn't require you to touch that.

So the quest continues.....my next plan is to put the car up on ramps and bang around the bottom of the car to see if i can reproduce the rattle I am hearing.

Alan