STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Different transmission too.
One of those photos is from Ontario, the other one is from Quebec.

My most recent experience is with Michelin X-Ice 2 and Dunlop 3D Winter Sport and both are excellent, but in my experience, nothing and I mean nothing comes anywhere close to Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 on snow and ice. I had them on other cars in the past (R version) and they are just stunning good and last very long time. They do get a bit noisy on dry and wet roads and aren't as good handling/performance tire as Dunlop but are incredible on snow and icy roads.

Ha, well, I'm not sure I'm exactly nice to my cars during winter when it comes to washing and detailing. I'm quite strict about service intervals and interior is always impeccably clean, but given how cold it gets for weeks at the time where I live and how much I travel in the winter, exterior of the car gets a bit neglected every now and then. I mean, no point washing this.....

... at -20 Celsius, just to have it literally back to the same state 5 minutes after leaving car wash?

As for tints, I decided against them on this car.
It's usually the first thing I do when I get a new car, but this time good friend of mine, 3 series owner talked me out of it. His words "c'mon now, that's something 3 series owner would do , the car looks classy as is, just live with it for a month and if you still want to do it after, do it", and guess what, he was right. I actually like how it looks without tint.
the tints really cleaned up the look of the car. for me it was sort of a must because the beige leather looked funny showing through the windows. for you i guess its not such a big deal but it would still make the exterior look cleaner.

I have heard good things about the nokians would go for them next. what do you think of the ice guard ig52c?
Appreciate 0