View Single Post
      05-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
Whistler
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I have been using comfort access on my 2007 328i for 3 years. Yes, $1000 is an expensive option for what it seems to be, but for me, it became a feature that I can't imagine living without. I made sure I ordered it on my 535i. You very quickly get used to simply walking up to the car, grabbing the handle, and getting in. On the way out, close the door, touch the "spot" on the handle and walk away. Works for the trunk too- just walk up and grab under the handle and it unlocks.

It's especially convenient when you're already holding something in one hand, like an umbrella, baby carrier, grocery bag, etc. and don't have to fish around for your keys.

What's more, it's smart. I once put the key fob in an overnight bag that I loaded into the trunk, and every time I closed the trunk lid, it would pop back open. First I thought the trunk lock was broken, but quickly realized the fob put out a signal that keeps you from the disaster of locking it in the trunk. I think this works in the cabin too.

There is an "ignition" slot next to the steering wheel, that you pop the fob into before turning the car over to a valet. Of course, if you start to walk away from the car without leaving the key, it starts beeping like mad to remind you to pop it in.

Oh, invariably, when you get home you will forget the fob is still in the slot and you will try and exit the car without taking it. There's a beep for that too!
Appreciate 0