View Single Post
      11-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Lover View Post
I should have used an emoticon there. I was exaggerating to the point of being ridiculous for humors sake.

Yes, I need X-Drive. It is the major reason I am selling my current BMW , I go to the Rocky Mountains in the dead of winter, and I lived there for 20 years. I hope to move back there sometime soon.

I have to chose between the M-Sport or the DHP. I can't get both. I have crunched the numbers, and it pushes me to far over my budget. I have get the base model if I get DHP. I am a cold weather person, and I don't mind cold seats. That option doesn't interest me, even though sometimes it might be useful.

What so great about the M-Sport beside the styling. Is there any performance enhancements, or is it all just rugged good looks?
I'll get banned from the site for saying this but the 528X drive I had for a loaner reminded me more of a Buick than a BMW at least not the 1999 5 series I last owned.

The 535 X Drive M Sport seemed to cure allot of that. The steering wheel is beefier, the sport setting firms up the steering and sharpens the throttle and transmission shifts. I didn't care for the pre LCI front end which the M Sport replaces.

As I've said, I haven't driven an F10 with DHP, just a last generation 7 series and it made a huge difference to the handling. You'd have to drive one with it to decide for yourself. As to the M Sport on the LCI cars, I could easily do without the M Sport option as I quite like the new front end, but I'd be looking to replace the steering wheel and I like the sportier settings - not sure if that is part of M Sport it if that stuff comes separately.

If I was buying a 2014, here is how I would configure it:

Alpine White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim
M Sport
Premium Package, Apps (or the new expanded replacement)
Technology Package
DHP
ACC Stop & Go (maybe)

As you can see, the car in Canada would price in the mid 80's. I think I got lucky finding the 2013 I wanted with fewer options. The MSRP was $10,000 less than the car I spec'd above.

You have the same dilemma. Everyday I wait for my car I think more and more about scrapping the plan and just or ding the car with the options I really wanted. I'm sooo weak!!!!

PS no biggie on the Sophie thing.