View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
rjm98119
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex99 View Post
After coming from a '12 M3, I've been lamenting over having to get rid of it. When I decided to pull the trigger on my '13 535i xDrive, I knew it wasn't gonna hold a candle in the wind to the handling of the M3...and that was bumming me out. When I picked up the 535, bone stock it felt like a boat (no disrespect intended to other owners here, I'm coming from comparing it to the M3). So, it felt like a boat on every turn I took...couldn't stand it...
FWIW, I stepped into a 2013 535i xDrive a couple weeks ago and even coming from a 2010 535i xDrive, it feels a rather boat-like by comparison . (Which is something I didn't even notice as much when I went from 2008 335i xDrive to the 2010 535).

However, your and others' stories of various, not-bank-breaking suspension mods have gave me hope, and were the only reason I felt confident in going with this f10 over waiting for a '13 335i to land (not to mention, oddly enough, I got a much better deal on this 535 with comparable options and I do very much appreciate the extra space and comfort the 535 provides on days when I would rather relax than go nuts in the car).

I think this has been discussed before, but has anyone had any issues with dealers getting in a twist over warranty issues when folks have suspension mods like this on the car?
Appreciate 0