Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax
Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowluke View Post
The quote about Sport+ meaning you have adaptive dampers is wrong. You get the Sport + if you have an MSport model. You can code it on any car with the switch.

I use the Sport+ all the time as the sport mode is not great as the traction control constantly interferes and as the BMW suffers from oversteer being RWD and a big car it means it can me dangerous with the traction control suddenly disconnecting the drive mid corner.

As for adaptive dampers you'll know if you've got it put it sport mode and the ride stiffens up dramatically and becomes really hard. Great for cornering on dry days, and there is no body roll in the corners. I've got adaptive dampers and rear wheel steer. I recently had an F11 loan without it and its an option I would add every time after that. Makes the car as manoeuvrable as a Fiat 500.

As you say your unsure if you've got it, I'm pretty certain you won't have it. Its not something you can't tell. If its in sport mode as said, the ride becomes really hard, and the suspension stiffens up (especially noticeable on badly kept British roads)
Were you actually replying to me ? A bit confused because:
- I didn't say that the presence of Sport+ indicated adaptive drive was present;
- I didn't say I was unsure if I had adaptive drive. I was sure I had it and I could clearly feel how it altered the handling/ride.
No I was replying to 325 bucks but couldn't get you both in the post as like I wanted as I'm using my phone. Good it just seemed like you were unsure.
Appreciate 0