11-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
ojo
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 650i cupe

Comfort access malfunction

Hi folks

After the car got a full sw update the comfort access are gone nuts and only works on the left rear door…

Before the sw update, the driver door was unlocking and locking over and over again when washing the car. I never noticed anything wrong with the other doors.

After the sw update (or when I got the car back from the work shop), the driver door would just keep clicking rapidly when I was standing by the car. Also if I tried to lock by touching the handle it would lock, but unlock immediately. If I pull the handle it won’t unlock. Now the only door that operates like normal is the left rear (passenger) door.
I have tried both fobs, changed battery in the fobs, and charged the battery in the car, no fix.

Since there is one door that works normal, I think the aerial and identification of the fob must be in order. Can there be something wrong with the sensors, handle “pull sensor” and “grab sensor” in all three doors? Is there any way of troubleshooting before start buying parts?

Workshop says this is a known weakness on these cars, and that I need some new antennas… Honestly, I don’t want the shop swapping parts or spending time scratching their heads for hours.
From the web I see that it is strait forward to change the handles, but will new handles need coding?

The car is a 2012 535d touring. Now warranty

Regards
ojo
Appreciate 0