View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
bmwombat
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013

Garage List
My dealer didn't offer any spare wheel set as an option - never found out why. There were quite a few hassles & lots of 'dropping the ball" by the dealership when I ordered / picked up my car so their Marketing folks said they wanted to do "something" for me so we agreed that they would arrange to supply a spare & the necessary kit & we'd share the cost (at that time I could have imported the genuine full spare wheel kit (incl wheel cover, jack etc) from the USA for around $A740 delivered to my door with about a 2-3 week delivery lead time. The saga with the dealer about this spare kit went on for months (at 1 stage they had the rim but no tyre for it!!!!!); I think they were having issues sourcing the full kit because they were forced to go thru BMW Corporate Australia & I know the full kit eventually came in from Germany. Anyway after about 3 months or so they proudly announced they had the kit so I asked how much the cost was - they said it came to $A1500 all up!!!!! Before I could even say "no way!" they then said they were originally going to ask me to pay 50% ("no way" again), but because of all the hassles they put me thru they had internally agreed to provide the full kit FOC - which was a relief. I then told them how much I could have got one for & they were flabbergasted. It certainly seemed at the time (this time last year) that BMW were making it extremely difficult here in OZ to get a spare kit for F10s. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I think it's interesting background. :-)