Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Serpent S966

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Just instruct WK to do it right when you guys do your bumper. Make sure we are on the same page. Top alignment could not be up and down and the two fenders has to be fitted tightly. I will be bringing back my car again for them to fix after. Kind of sick going to shop to re-do things now.
RC3, in case you still have concern, this can be done.

See part #1 here, airduct. It needs to bolted as lowest as possible, without forcing. Rule of tumb, bolted until it touches part# 10 here. You'll know what I mean once you see all these parts in your car .

In the middle (top side) of the air duct, it has some kind of latch mechanism that is used to hold the middle part of air duct to not flex. Adjustment only one way, top to bottom. Since it will be a re-do, this mechanism must be adjusted at it highest position before mounting the air duct itself.

This way, your middle part of the bumper will line up with the middle part of the hood. Keep in mind, the gap between hood and bumper originally was 4mm, no less. So if you have 4mm gauge, it should fit loosely instead of tight.

Then the side of msport bumper can be lined up when bolted to the car's frame. The more you push the bumper forward (towards the hood), the higher it will be mounted.

About your side gap (fender vs bumper), I don't have this problem. Beside making sure they lining up nicely while bolted, also make sure they have installed the correct bottom cover (#8) that will properly hold lower part (outer side) of the msport bumper.

Hope it helps..
Appreciate 0