Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
RC3, in case you still have concern, this can be done.

See part #1 here, airduct. It needs to bolted as lowest as possible, without forcing. Rule of tumb, bolted until it touches part# 10 here. You'll know what I mean once you see all these parts in your car .

In the middle (top side) of the air duct, it has some kind of latch mechanism that is used to hold the middle part of air duct to not flex. Adjustment only one way, top to bottom. Since it will be a re-do, this mechanism must be adjusted at it highest position before mounting the air duct itself.

This way, your middle part of the bumper will line up with the middle part of the hood. Keep in mind, the gap between hood and bumper originally was 4mm, no less. So if you have 4mm gauge, it should fit loosely instead of tight.

Then the side of msport bumper can be lined up when bolted to the car's frame. The more you push the bumper forward (towards the hood), the higher it will be mounted.

About your side gap (fender vs bumper), I don't have this problem. Beside making sure they lining up nicely while bolted, also make sure they have installed the correct bottom cover (#8) that will properly hold lower part (outer side) of the msport bumper.

Hope it helps..
Thanks for the tips pyramid. About the air duct, you mean it has to be readjusted/lowered to suit the M bumper? I thought M bumper and the standard edition bumper are the same so no adjustment of the air duct is required. What you said is new to me. I need to tell the mechanic about this since I am not sure he knows too.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0