View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #3311
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Finally managed how to get decent results with my Eye-Fi X2 Pro setup.

By default, the card connects to your internet wifi, sends the pic on your (secure) Eye-Fi account and then the Eye-Fi app downloads the pic from the Eye-Fi server. So that implies a lot of travelling before the pic is actually displayed on your screen.

But there's an option called Direct mode. And its kinda tricky to configure, but if you follow instructions its pretty straightforward. You have to remove your internet wifi from your network list tho; because Direct mode will only work if the card cannot detect any prefered wifi.

Now the card acts like a router. I'm shooting RAW on slot 1 and the Eye-Fi card in slot 2. The Eye-Fi card now sends the jpg directly to either your ipad or in lightroom on your computer; depending on the first of the two you log into.

Within 5-7 seconds, I can see the picture on screen. Its an amazing gadget for 80 bucks. I rarely chimp the pictures I take, but it can be useful at times. When somebody wants to see the shots you just took per example. You dont have to show them on the LCD. That way, you can use your LCD to read the histogram only.

I didnt shoot with it yet, just messed around a bit, but its also easily configurable (and as fast) on the ipad.

I'm really happy with this new configuration. A great asset to my home setup.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]

Last edited by MaximusJ; 05-18-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0