02-28-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Ok, a quick one. I have a garage door to open and close when leaving home in the and returning. First thing in the morning, start engine, put in sport mode, drive out of the car park. Next I put the car in P and then open the door and get out to close the garage door. The engine stays running until I get back in, close car door and drive off.

Sound normal?

When I return home, put the car in P and them open the door, the ending cuts out instantly and I have to press start again to enable drive and park the car. Not a big deal you may (rightly say) but he inconsistency annoys me and incant figure the logic for it.

A side question: what's the easiest way to leave the engine (and more importantly the aircon) running with my wife and kids still inside when I leave the car for a few minutes to nip to the shop? I live in bangkok and it's too hot to sit there for more than a minute or two.

If it's important, im driving a 2013 active hybrid 5...

Someone put me out of m misery please!
You mention the car is in Sport mode when you drive from home... What mode is the car when you are coming back? Is it in EcoPro?