View Single Post
      11-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Something that I didn't know was that they were going to give me a free key chain and do engraving. I could do up to 7 Letters. That ended up being perfect for what I wanted.

They also gave me 15 Euro for food at the restaurant but the BMW owners lounge had free food and drinks too so it wasn't really needed. Drinks included alcohol too but I didn't take that offer as I was driving after all. Still, their premium lounge was very nice. I ended up staying at the Welt from 8am - 4pm using their free WiFi to plan the rest of my trip in Germany. They kept coming around and offering me amazing desserts and coffee. The Welt experience was well beyond my expectations.

If you're picking up a car the museum is free. I'll post photos on a separate post. I also did the factory tour again but they didn't allow photos to be taken. The tour is good but its change a bit since I first saw it in 2005. It seems a lot more limited in where you can go now. Before you were right on the factory floor but now they have a raised platform you stand on above all the action. I guess they changed it so the tour doesn't get in the way. It you haven't been, its well worth it and free.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0