View Single Post
      01-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

I am a big fan of Vorsteiner and own a complete set of carbon fiber aero details as well as the 20" VS-310 brushed-tinted-glossy wheels. Have this all ordered and shipped through a local Vorsteiner dealer.

The good news with the wheels was a top quality, perfect custom offsets and fast production time. They also arranged the Tikore titanium lug bolts with the "V" logo engraved on heads. What was not so god, the wheels came with the valves but also the second holes of unclear purpose drilled at the opposite side of the wheel barrels and left opened. To my request, Vorsteiner rep explained the holes are for the TPMS sensors. That was a surprise to me since the whole European continent has Indirect TPMS (no wheel sensors, ABS based) meaning my local dealer did not work it out with the factory. And it looked also strange because I learned from the US folks, the TPMS sensor is sitting at the internal side of the valve which is one and only per wheel. I requested the dealer to pay for the ECS Tuning Invisible Valve Stem Kit and seal those holes, so they did and the issue was solved.

How it's made for the V-FF wheels you show? How many holes, where is the TPMS sensor installed? I think, this story might be helpful for the other customers and dealers. But at the end of the day, the Vorsteiners are excellent wheels and I am proud to have them on my F10.
Appreciate 0