01-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #78
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbmarcus View Post
What I am talking about is not the lights that turn with the steering wheel (is that what is meant by adaptive lighting or cornering lamps?). What I am describing is a yellowish amber light (not orange blinker) that turns on normally where the high beam or bright lights turn on. This light is on only momentarily when I engage my turn signal and turns itself off even if the turn signal is still engaged. Try it yourself and see.
The lights you describe is cornering lamps. Adaptive lighting is when the headlights move and point in the direction the car is heading (it is a very slight up, down, right or left movement in the pointing of the light beam). Adaptive lights are very noticiable when I drive the back roads leading to my house. They are narrow, very windy and hilly and lined with heavy forest. I get a kick watching the beam actually move along the road rather than just light up the forest on the side of road as I twist and turn.