View Single Post
      06-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #14
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK2BLN View Post
They definitely have similarities with MSR. The real question is there any substantial proof that they PRODUCE (hence I didnt use the word MAKE) more power than MSR intakes, or any intake that's currently on the market for that matter?

Everything that has been brought up in these threads are theoretical. Numbers should do the talking.
Flow bench isn't theoretical, because if that's theoretical, then we're going nowhere. Theoretical would be calculating the surface area and the reynolds number. Flow bench data analysis is not that. It's isolating your component under the same conditions to quantify real gains.

The problem with everyone on here and their "numbers dont lie" is that they don't have the slightest clue where numbers come from and how to quantify them. But i'll spare myself that debate because that's one i don't care to have.

But regardless i'll get you guys dyno numbers. But even then i find dyno numbers kind of funny, guys put cars on a chassis dyno and then compare numbers without quantifying where benefits came from. I run a multimillion dollar dyno cell and you'd be surprised what a few degrees of ignition, coolant temp, or atmospheric conditions will do.

Show me a dyno pull with IG, backpressure, manifold pressure, coolant temp in/out, cam phasing, fixed mapping, and i'll listen to you talk numbers.

It's easy to produce big numbers, it's hard to quantify where there's numbers came from. Very few of us on here actually have the knowledge to do that.

-R

PS: i've already verified the rapid prototypes produce power. Just need to go back to the dyno sometime this week. I'll get you everything and log everything as well.
Appreciate 0