United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95blkmax View Post
Nothing special about stage 2. Stock plug gap of 0.030" is just fine. As long as you have good clean sparkers and healthy coils (Eldor brand preferred but new Delphis would work just fine) you will be good.

EDIT- sorry, just realized you have a 550 (N63). I meant the above for the N55s. I hope someone with N63 knowledge can chime in and make a recommendation!!
N55 Owner Here.
My ZR5TPP33S Plugs (yes, they had the 'S' designation) were gapped at 0.028"
Original plugs removed were gapped the same. It's my understanding that the Bosch plugs ZR5TPP33 (without the 'S') are gapped at 0.030".

Why Eldor brand on coils? Most of the time I see everyone recommending Delphi. I ask only because I replaced mine with Eldors during last plug change. They just seemed to have a better quality and "feel" to me, but I have no other empirical data or info to base my opinion on.

Apologies to the OP - not my intention to hijack the thread but the Eldor reference caught my eye and I did want to call out the factory gap difference on the Bosh "-s" vs "non -s" sparkplugs. (The '-s" plugs have a slightly higher resistance rating, btw)
Appreciate 0