View Single Post
      07-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Belgian
Rep
Drives: 5 serie - F11 - 530D XDrive

F11 530 XD Delivered this morning!

I wait since March to get it but this morning it has been delivered...

Spec :
BMW F11 530XD (with auto gearbox) , 258hp, 560nm
Imperial Blue color
Black interior (as black as I could... )
Professional Navigation + Voice + Pro Hifi + Bluetooth
Sport seats
Rear tinted windows
Foldable exterior mirrors + auto dim
M Steering
No adaptive anything (suspension, cruise), it is on normal suspension

My previous car was a BMW E91 330XD manual gearbox, 231hp, 500nm

My first impressions after 150kms are the following :

- Much more silent than the E91, clearly another class
- The car is and feels much bigger. Hopefuly I got the PDC + rear camera. Without it would be difficult to park, rear visibility is not good.
- The 8 speed auto gear box... hmmm... I guess I will have to get used to an auto gearbox after my manual. Of course it is much more comfy. But even if it is quick and reactive, I have the impression it is jerky. Clearly feel the difference between normal and sport mode.
- Handling is totally different, I read often that the electrical steering is bad. On the 530XD it seems I have hydraulic. But compared to my E91 it is day and night even with sport mode. I guess I will get used to it but so far I prefer the E91 steering, it is much more precise. I feel the difference in sport mode but it is still very far from the E91. Generally it also understeers much more than the E91.
- Seat are very comfortable but I miss the pneumatic sides of my E91. They feel a bit too wide. But it is a detail.
- The auto stop/start feature... grrrr... I hope it really spares fuel because it is very annoying to me. Should be able to disengage it permanently via iDrive.
- iDrive is much better than the 2006 version I had in my E91... no discussion about that. But... unless I need to read the manual again, managing a USB key is a pain in the *ss... Why do I have to go in a sub menu to see my folders?!!! Why doesn't it just show the folders by default like in the old version... Sound Quality is VERY good, the DVD player even reads DTS audio discs... wow! Of course it needs some tuning with the equalizer but after it is very good.
- The central console is huge, and very unpractical... lot of useless little spaces, the E91 central console was more practical.
- I find the keyless start/stop very unintuitive... I preferred the old way where you had to plug the key in the dashboard.... but ok I guess I will get used to it...
- Enough space in the trunk, but... I was mocked by a colleague with a 2006 Mazda 6... the trunck is 20 cm wider! (and the same depth)...
- Did I say it was much more relaxing to drive than the E91?

Well this is it for today and if the upload of the pics was ok you should see them...

If you want more info don't hesitate!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0