View Single Post
      10-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
obr2d2
Rep
Drives: f10 2012

A phone choice question

So My wife has a new 2013 F10 and I have bought her an iPhone 4S with IOS 6 on it. The car has Pro Sat Nav Plus options BUT she doesnt have the BMW Apps option. She uses the Snap-In adaptor.

We believed that she could then do the following:

1. Synch her email
2. Synch her text messages
3. Display her Calendar
4. Display her tasks

With the car.

At the moment, I have followed all the advice about setting notifcations to alerts, display when locked, enable bluetooth, etc and managed on Friday to get the system working to show texts and emails.

But then yesterday whilst nothing had changed nothing worked anymore. At best the system seems inconsistent.

I have no idea how to see Calendar information or tasks. Can anyone enlighten me on these - The Calendar was going to be particularly useful.

So then we come to the question of the topic.

I am due a free upgrade from my mobile operator and can have anything I like.
Is there something other than a BlackBerry that I could choose that works with these options?

I paired and connected my HTC Desire to the car the other day and I instantly got Telephony and Audio (but the audio stopped playing music after 3 seconds). I am told that HTC support the MAP bluetooth profiles so would an HTC device work? I don't need to use the Snap-in unless someone suggests that this is the only way...

All thoughts on the choice of phone appreciated,

Sam
Appreciate 0