02-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
Are you using all the run off room? I've been going to the track with higher powered cars with smaller brakes for years and never had a problem. I often see people slam their brakes on and use one of the earlier exit points instead of going all the way down and never have understood it, why kill the brakes? Not saying that's what you do but if you are, letting it coast for a bit and using the whole track will prevent problems.
I always use the last exit and I never keep the pedal applied more than a few seconds and release and do it all over again. Its not my first car....

I had a 2005 E55 AMG with factory cross drilled and a 2010 M5 with factory cross drilled and never had an issue with either car....Both cars went to the track as well.

The 2011 F10 550i xDrive just doesnt have good brakes...pretty simple...Even though I got the M-Sport package, brakes are not upgraded like the M....

The trade off is 550i xDrive versus M5.....I prefer the xdrive....

One more thing...The rotors feel ok slowing down from 60MPH to 40MPH..The problem is going from like 120+MPH down to 80MPH...this is where its feels sketchy...

Last edited by dmetuning; 02-18-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0