View Single Post
      06-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
AlbaF10
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F10 LCi

Unoftunatly both FRM and ZGW modules shoud be able to send CAN2 and CAN3 signals, indipendently.
That depends by the ecu hardware version.
I mean that also if you have the FRM3 ecu already installed on your car is not obvious that it has the right "hardware version" in order to able the CAN3 bus...
You can try to code and flash it thousand times....
It is an hell, often due to the BMW official workshop engineers ignorance about that...
I apologize to all ask me for wiring diagram or ecues type or hardware version, but every car is differently equipped and really i can't give correct answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthe93 View Post
Thanks for this thread. I am currently doing an upgrade on an F25 from Pre-LCI adaptive bi-xenons to LCI LED headlights. Same principles as above but I already have an FRM3 in the car.

To keep CIC system at this point, I am assuming the ZGW-02 High Plus (61359291451) stated in the post above would have both K-CAN3 and MOST buses?

I'm not sure if the K-CAN3 bus has different data speed than the K-CAN2. I tried but can't see the lights ECU's on K-CAN2 nor can I get K-CAN3 on the ZGW-02 Mid or High (not Plus). Any wisdom would be appreciated and I will post how it goes.
Appreciate 0