08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #90
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
I know we all go though break ups, I have gone though of my share of girls that I somewhat loved but not entirely (I used to be very cynical about love). However how do deal with a girl you truly loved? I dated this girl for almost 3 years, not super long but I have known her for about 5. Typically we live 2 hours away form each other, at different colleges. But it has never caused issues, I am 26 Gradate school and she is 22 a Microbiology and cell since major, but I am at home for the summer 5 hours away. To preface this about a week ago my gf made all of the stuff on her Facebook private and deleted us from being in a relation ship. Yes getting annoyed over Facebook is very high schoolish but it really bothered me. I talked to her very calmly and told her it was bothering me and why she deleted us from being in a relationship and I felt as if she was hiding something, she got defensive and said no and that she would change it. Come yesterday I was talking to her and we started to talking and she said she needs more time to concentrate on school and would like to break up, however get back together in 6 moths once she graduates.

I told her I would rather work it out and stay together. She did not want to try and I said if we break up I don’t want to see her for her to call or text me ever. I am very good friends with her parents, they invite me over for dinner and go on their boat all the time and call me randomly. I had to return some things to her dad and he said he is really said to see this happen and thought we would get married. He asked me to please talk to her, and promised me that she is not interested in anyone else and would really like us to work it out because we have something special between each other. But I cannot anything out if she is not interested in that. I have not talked to her in two days, but her dad keeps calling me asking me to go on the boat with them and help me do some things.

How have any of you dealt that with that one that got away, or do you think I am being harsh by not wanting to see or contact her at all. I loved this girl with all my heart and saved 25k to buy her to get engaged. I guess I am just so surprised by this, and to sad to lose a person that I so close to and we got along so well with and just truly loved.
The Gym.
Appreciate 0