View Single Post
      08-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
b|ake
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMR View Post
6% isn't surprising, but I'm not sure why they don't offer on xDrive models. I was shocked to hear last week from the dealership that so far no manuals planned for any of the xDrive 5's. C'mon BMW, why rain on my parade??? I love the new 5, but the lack of manual is making me wonder if it's going to be another xDrive 3er for me, manual of course unless they change their mind on that.
I want the F10, I really do. But I need xDrive (live in MI and need to get to work when there's a foot of snow on the ground). And I really, REALLY don't want the auto trans. Personal preference. I totally understand from a business standpoint why BMW limited the 6MT availability on the F10 compared to the E60, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed. Obviously it's a small fraction of buyers looking for 6MT, and probably an even smaller fraction looking for 6MT + xDrive. Looks like it will be another 3 series for me. Hate to buy in one of the last model years (another reason I really wanted the F10), but also don't want to wait for F30... knowing they might not offer 6MT + xDrive on that either.
Appreciate 0