View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
Vallabh S Dhawan
India
Rep
Drives: 525d,touareg V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrko View Post
Well the import duty structure seems similar, ours is also around 115% for petrol engines upto 1800cc but shoots up to over 200%+ if you go for a bigger engine. For diesel, it shoots up for engines bigger than 2000cc and above so that basically leaves out 525d or 530d.

My entry-level 520d is costing me over $130k but admittedly I did select a lot of options. The basic vehicle is priced around $85k but that is just the bare-bones car, no options not even auto transmission. I would definitely have chosen the 530i or 535i but just the 535i starts around $130k, basic. Add the options and it was gonna cost me $165k. That was beyond my budget but I hope to enjoy the 520d as much as I can.
The 2012 520d has some power increase as well, and with almost all options ticked, you wouldn't have to worry about enjoying the car. With a 2 liter engine, the car is still amazing to drive, especially on our kind of roads, its more than enough to be true. If i was to get same options like 525 in a 520, i would have got it and saved me some cash to get the m-sport kit . We don't get rear entertainment monitors, and the wheels size is smaller, with a different leather grade for interiors and a few more changes in the 520. So picked up a 525d.

One of my favorite features of new BMW's is the white rings. And in the 5-series they just look even better with the orange light on the top corner.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0