BDV
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F11 525D

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krill View Post
So after 5 months of countless visits to the dealer with my 530d M Sport they finally agreed to do a buy back. I have had the dreaded vibration between 100-120 km/h and the dealer tried everything to no avail.
Love the car as a whole but the vibration was obviously not acceptable. I'm considering ordering a new f10 but want to be sure that the new one doesn't have the vibration. My dealer says that BMW strongly recommends selecting the standard chassis instead of sport chassis (in the m sport pack), to be sure that the new one doesn't vibrate.

Does anyone have any input on this? Do i dare to order again? I want DDC on the new car too! Is there anybody here with a 2013 F10 that vibrates?

Thanks in advance!
same thing here: dealer had the car for the fourth time. So far they found/rectified (but to no avail):
1. a cracked rim. Dealer confirmed he felt the vibrations with the cracked rim. With the new rim they didn't feel it anymore. To me nothing has changed at all...
2. they re-did all 4 wheel alignments (to also counter a pull-to-the-right issue). Again, vibration still the same...
3. Then they suspected the (summer) tires. Replaced them with winter tires (scheduled replacement) last Tuesday -> same vibrations.
4. the dealer double checked the wheel balancing (not sure this it the right term), and said they performed a 'hot balancing' (performed on hot tires). Again, to me nothing has changed, vibration still the same

update:
5. just took the lead mechanic for a drive, and finally he experienced the vibrations for a longer period, not just once, and confirmed these vibrations are unacceptable. He measured the temp of the wheel hubs, all normal. He'll follow up with BMW. This is the first ray of light in a long time about this...

update:
6. dealer found another rim that wasn't completely round. Replaced with new one -> now only a slight vibration left, I'm afraid I'm now down to the slight vibrations mentioned in other posts...

Last edited by BDV; 11-29-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0