View Single Post
      06-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

ok visited dealer today and they took the car for a few hours.
Explained I appreciated that the camber will have an effect on teh car but that I didn't notice this drift off to the left on my E39
So they loaned me a mini cooper S coupe for the day (didn;'t like it but thats a different topic!).
on my return the mechanic who had tested teh car said it was all within spec but felt it was worth a KDS check. So agreed there was 'something' not quite right- enough to warrant a KDS check anyway which is covered under warranty.
Need to get the car back in a week to get that completed.
Service dept also did a search on the topic and came back with PUMA and various checks that need to be done, tyre pressures - had it been in an accident etc etc.
Any way will find out next week. hope tey can sort out as its something I'm aware of.
It's not dangerous, with both hands on teh wheel not really aware of it but when driving with one hand I'm just aware of this and it very subtle. But let go of the steering wheel and sure enough it drifts off.

I also asked about setting the rear lights to be on with the DRLs. First request they had had and asked BMW technical and came back with its down to EU regilation introduced sometime in 2011 (don't remember the month) and that they can't change this. (which i took to read that the software they have doesn't let them)

I mentioned E-SYS software to the guy as i thought this was BMW software (is that correct?) but he said did i mena ISIS and I said no.
He hadn't heard of that.

back to the miini cooper S coupe. Didn't like this at all, was a manual which I hadn't driven for many years!. Felt life sitting in a letterbox with small windows.
When I got back to sit in my 5 at the end of the day, I felt like a king. the difference was just imense. It can be very easy to forget how good this car is and how much better (IMHO) it is compared to tehr others , even those from the same manufacturer.
Appreciate 0