02-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #63
ebeem
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M - Paket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckofPrey View Post
I think if we see this car in person, it might look better.... I won't write it off until I see the real thing...

I don't like the design direction BMW is going... They seem to have really let the designers loose. For me, there is one measure I use to judge a BMW design: "would Darth Vader drive it?". This thing.... Darth Vader would probably buy it just to throw it at the designer.. while it is a rather interesting concept, I think should have remained a concept. Perhaps incorporate the idea of the rear hatch arrangement into a series car... like have a coupe that looks exactly like a normal coupe, but is able to open the rear the way this PAS can....

Still, I'm glad BMW is trying new things... you cannot get stagnant and hope to survive...
I did...and some black tape over the BMW badges won`t make too much of a difference to the complete unveiled car.
I`m no test mule hunter,but if you live in Munich you run into these test cars very often.
It is the the chassis that is so ugly...it`s not high like a X-car,but also not low like a 5 Series or 3 Series..
Some people might like it and see the practical use for such a car,but I don`t.
The only good thing is that it is quite roomy...one time I saw 4 people in that car and the passengers had much head clearance while the where not driving in a Van,but in this crossover thing we`re talking about right now

But well,we`ll see...
I hope they make some money with it and can contribute some of it to the development of even better cars for us
Appreciate 0