View Single Post
      12-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Any BMW Techs and/or Coding Experts Here?

Could use some help from a BMW Tech or a coding expert. I have a 2011 535 M-Sport and was running a DDM 35W HID fog light kit for about a year with no issues (it would flicker for about 5 seconds when first turned on, but then would work flawlessly). Last year I took my car in to Rallye BMW (Long Island, NY) for the VANOS recall and when I picked up the car I noticed that I was getting a bulb out warning when I fired up my fog lamps. The passenger side was coming on, but the drivers side was out. I swapped the bulbs and still only the passenger side fired up. I swapped ballasts and got the same result as well. This leads me to believe that the issue is not my hardware, but some sort of software update that was made to the car while it was in for the recall. This post that I stumbled across the other day leads me to believe the same as well.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1011844

So my question is, does anyone know how to change this setting with coding? Or are there any techs local to me in the NY area willing to help me sort this out. I really liked having HID fogs because the light low to the ground really helps me to see and avoid potholes in the wintertime here in the NYC area. Thanks in advance for your help!
Appreciate 0