03-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
But manufacturers go about PCV systems differently. The N54 was notorious for valve build-up and needs "frequent" walnut blasting. The N55's PCV system was redesigned and doesn't need the walnut blasting the N54 did. In fact, I asked my SA about having it done and he told me they don't do it that often on the N55; NOTHING like the N54. He said they walnut blast the N55 only after all other avenues have been exhausted to solve a driveability issue.

From what I've read VW's are every bit as bad, if not worse, than the N54; Ford isn't much better. I haven't read anything on the other manufacturers as DI is relatively new to them. At least BMW have identified the issue and are correcting it.
have you eventually put one in brother? i'm thinking about going with one of the one's ECS Tuning sells
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0