jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray550 View Post
Try sitting in the passenger seat and let someone else drive it - you will feel pushed back into the seat then.

I also agree that this is a big luxury car and it doesn't feel as fast as it really is. I'm still dissappointed with this aspect of the car - it's too soft for my tastes. I prefer a car that is a bit more raw, which is why I am thinking of selling mine and going back to a C63 or similar.
+1

I really like the 550i. It's a great car. I chose the car, after I could not locate an M3 (at the time, nobody had any in stock). So, the salesman eventually convinced me that the 550i was a very capable sports car in it's own right. He also convinced me to spend a lot more money

I don't regret my decision to get it. However, next time around.....I'll be a bit more patient and get the m5 (yes, I wanted the M3.....but after having spent the money I did on my M-Sport 550i and Dinan upgrade, a little more would have gotten me an M5).

That being said, I had the traction control turned off today and actually spun the wheels at a traffic light....without even trying. Due to the fact that the car is a big luxury car, I didn't realize the wheels were spinning (mind you, it didn't take long for me to figure it out). So, the power is certainly there.
Appreciate 0