View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #87
theig
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

+1 to stealthbomber.

BMW should be ashamed of their sat nav. It's routing logic is pathetic - it will suggest a 20 mile detour to use 2 miles of motorway, rather than travel 2 miles on the A road you're already on. Tell it to avoid motorways and it'll tell you to take a 20 mile detour through C roads.

Ask it to take you somewhere you don't know, and it cant. I got fed up driving around randomly trying to follow the sat nav and ended up using it like a paper map, reading the street names to get me where I needed to go.

It'll randomly tell you to cross to the other carriageway on dual carriageways that have been there for 10 + years, to do U-turns on motorways, and to leap off flyovers that have been there for 40 years.

My dealer has replaced the head unit and had the cheek - blaming BMW - to charge me £250 to update the software for a warranty, safety repair that didn't fix the problem.

Utter crap, never mind the ridiculous data entry system - a 26 position rotary wheel! What century are we in, haven't they heard of touch screens?

In my experience any Android app is better at a hundredth of the price.
Appreciate 0