06-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
GREAT review.
1. Active Ventilated Seat Option. - I live in a warm climate so this is something that I'm sure I was going to get some mileage out of. The cooling feature is instantaneous and keeps you from suffering STS (Sweaty Taint Syndrome). I could do without the active seat portion, as it's behavior is rather odd. I haven't gone on any long trips, so I can't vouch for or against it yet.

2. Convenience Package - I have to disagree. I have a bit of a tight squeeze in my 2 car garage and the fact you don't have to slam the door makes this is a great feature. (One unintended consequence, is that I keep half-way closing the doors on my other 2 cars that don't have this feature. Oops. The auto close trunk is also great because the model without this feature takes some effort to close the boot. Not herculean, but not as easy as the E350. It's really the comfort access that makes this package shine. Keeping the key in your pocket (purse) at all times makes entry and exit seamless. Once you get accustomed to this. Having to fish for a key-fob seems ridiculous.

3.Driver Assistance Package - Lane departure warning is least useful in my mind. The steering wheel doesn't vibrate with enough force and I found it to be a little annoying at times. The blind spot detection is very useful, but sometimes in bright sunlight the yellow indicator lamps tend to get washed out and a bit hard to see. At night they're brilliant. The Parking assistant has been the biggest surprise. This car is very WIDE. Your much more likely to damage this car during parking and not driving. I had to parallel park at night in a hill in the dark by the beach in an area I was unfamiliar with. It takes all the guess work out of, (I hope I don't scratch these rims on the curb, fear).

4. Your performance assessment couldn't be more accurate. Car can be mild mannered Clark Kent, or Superman. You have the power to control it. I honestly haven't tried Sport + yet either. People have bitched incessantly about the RFT's on previous BMW's. These Good Year tires have been great so far, but only time will tell.
Appreciate 0