View Single Post
      09-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi524TD View Post
No stalling problems - that's pretty serious.

But, the shutdown and restart if I'm stopped in traffic for just a few seconds is an annoyance. It's also so uncharacteristic of a smooth running BMW engine because it's rough and noisy - Feels and sounds CHEAP and I didn't pay $70K for my passengers to look at me with an astonished glare ... as if to say, THIS is a BMW?!?!

I've only driven about 7K miles since I bought my '13 535xDrive (this past December). My dealer SA tells me to let him know when I want to turn the feature off. But I think I'm more inclined to have the car coded to 'remember' the last setting because I can see there might be times when the auto stop - start could apply to my drive.
Definitely have it coded to the last setting. My 2014 came from the factory coded this way and I like it. They've smoothed out the auto stop/start in the LCI's as well. No stalling when I've used it.