TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f10trek View Post
So... what do you think about 528i, TimeFor? How is fuel consumption?
To be honest I don't think I had enough time to gauge fuel consumption. I filled it up when leaving the Welt. Drove to Neuschwanstein Castle and back and about 20km around town with a more than 1/2 a tank left.

That's about 81 miles each way so round trip plus around town was about 170 miles on 1/2 a tank. So with a full tank equal to 18.5 Gallons, I got roughly 19 MPG.

But, I did sit in lots of traffic leaving with the auto stop off and I was driving pretty aggressively in Sport + coming home. Basically... I wasn't trying to save any fuel. So for 19 MPG? I'm not sure what that really tells us but I'm not ashamed of that number for the drive. I'll have to let you know what the real economy is like after a drive it a bit more.

As for for power though. I was pretty impressed by the the pickup of the 4 banger. Its a shockingly small motor when you open the hood though. I won't be showing my friends that part when the car arrives. It didn't have the "push you back in the seat feeling" my 330 ZHP had but neither did the i6 528. I did think it had a little more get up than the 2011 i6 I drove so it is an improvment even if we can't show the engine to anyone.

- Jayson

Last edited by TimeFor; 11-21-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0