View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #155
PeterC4
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
Slightly off topic but I removed my JB3 today as it was going into the autobody shop for a few days and then next Monday going to the dealer to have the global update. I was afraid I wouldn't have time to remove it next weekend. Boy, you sure do forget how different it is without the JB3 (let alone the JB4). The hesitation was immediately back and that loss of kick is really, really noticeable. 10 minutes after I get it back next week I'll have it back in.
I agree the difference is quite noticeable. For readers that wonder what the Stage 1 JB4 tune is like, I can tell you it's well worth it, slightly easier install, (no extra wires around the ECU) and it runs seamlessly. My seat-of-the-pants evaluation is that: it's very impactful despite not being overly aggressive. There have been no issues and I've run it for over a month on 91 Octane. The biggest difference are:

1) more torque so that a modest use of the gas pedal, particularly at highway speeds gets you moving ;

2) from a start you really notice the pulling power even when not at WOT; and

3) the sensation of a "flat spot" is lessened as the car moves into taller gears.