BMMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2010 F10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
OK! I have had it. My lazy 550i! Oops. Turns out to be the wheels. The OEM 356 20" are just too heavy for this car. Turns out they weight about 15.6Kg each according to OEM specification! That's a whooping 34.4lbs!

Always wonder why the car turns a bit lazy, and also a bit lazy off the line. I know the 550i has enough power but..... wheels... hmm....

So I looked thru all the wheels. The only breyton I want will be the GTSR-M but it only fits M vehicles. So I went for the tried and trusted (by RC3) Forgestar F14. Sent and email off to Forgestar inquring about weight. Low and behold, the F14 20" for the F10 is about 24-25.5lbs! That's almost a 10lbs saving each wheel!

And I managed to locate a set locally. But only set here is in gunmetal (sorry RC3..... no choice but to follow your beautiful wheels). On my "old" PZero Heros. Boy! The 550i is a completely different car off the line! Haven't tried cornering yet as I had to rush home to pick up my daughter.

I can really tell the differences between the F14 and the 356 in terms of city driving so far:

1) Snappy off the line from stop. The lazy feeling is gone
2) Snappy acceleration!
3) Bonus: Braking is now way more responsive.

Haven't really toss the car around yet so can't really comment on the steering response. Hope to test it soon

Some Dirty pictures:

How much?
How about yr old rim 356? You trade it out?
I saw a set 356 today in the type shop! May be it is from yr car! Hehe!
Appreciate 0